1. Thai Jasmine Rice (New Crop)
is best served as dry-cooked rice and rice congee (boiled rice) as it is soft and clingy with scrumptious aromatic flavor.
Prawn Congee (Khao Tom Goong)
- 2 cups Dok Bua Brand Thai Jasmine Rice (New Crop)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock่
- 7 Banana Prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallion root bulbs, sliced
- 1 scallion leaf, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crispy fried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Start by rice cooking. Wash New Crop 100% Thai Jasmine Rice (Dok Bua Brand) then put the rice in cooking pot. Pour in the water and chicken stock (8 cups in total as the ratio for rice congee is 1 portion rice : 4 portions water). Set on high heat for approximately 30 minutes until the rice softens. Reduce the heat.
Put prawns in the congee pot. Season with salt. Once the prawns are done, add scallion root bulbs and leaf, then turn off the heat.
Garnish with crispy fried garlic, scallion leaf, and black pepper. Serve hot.